Villabuena de Álava
Villabuena de Álava / Eskuernaga is a Basque town council in the south of Alava and is part of the region of Rioja Alavesa.
It has an extension of 8,48 square kms and a population of 317 inhabitants. It is situated in the South Part of Alava in the vine growing area of the Rioja Alavesa. It is the only populated town on the two sides of the Herrera stream, from the river Ebro, in a deep valley . The rest of the area consists on open landscapes and mild extensions.
Long ago it belonged to the small village of Laguardia and was called Villaescuerna. In 1661 it obtained the title of a town,so it was then when it changed its name, that didn´t sound very well, to the name of Villabuena de Alava.